Thursday, April 25, 2013

Purple Crew Neck Sweater

This is my newest sweater that I made using the app "Raglanify." It is a nice app where you plug in your measurements and it will give you the pattern for a custom fit sweater with a few choices of neckline.  I made the crew neck.  The pattern was great, but I had some issues with my neckline.
Here is the first attempt:


Pretty wonky. I did some research and it looks like I should have planned ahead because some of the solutions would only work if I started the whole thing again, such as putting the neck stitches on a stitch holder instead of binding them off.
I also looked into maybe adding some neck shaping before starting the rib but I couldn't quite figure out how to do that.  What I ended up doing was taking out the neckline and picking up fewer stitches.  I also picked up some stitches deeper into the sweater than just the very edge to make it more round and less holes.  Here is what it looks like now:



Not perfect, but better than before. Overall, I am satisfied with my first crew neck raglan sweater.










No comments:

Post a Comment